Ратио: 315.225
Торренты: 4758
Комментарии: 226

And Now Miguel

Дата выхода: 1953
Оригинальное название: And Now Miguel
Жанр: документальный

Режиссёр: Джозеф Крумголд / Joseph Krumgold

О фильме: Документальное свидетельство о недавней, но ушедшей эпохе; жизнь юного Мигеля Чавеса из Нью-Мексико, который, как и все мужчины в его семье, очень хочет быть пастухом.

Страна: США
Продолжительность: 01:03:00
Перевод: Оригинал
Качество: TVRip
Видео: 640x480 (1.33:1), 23.976 fps, XviD Final 1.1 (build 41) ~1422 kbps avg, 0.19 bit/pixel
Аудио: 48 kHz, MPEG Layer 3, 2 ch, ~118.08 kbps avg
Язык: английский
In the documentary ...And Now Miguel (1953) filmmaker Joseph Krumgold follows a real-life family of shepherds in New Mexico, the Chavezes. Narrated by the youngest Chavez son, Miguel, Krumgold shows the rituals of day-to-day life for the hard working family as they tend to the care of their sheep. Built around Miguel's desire to accompany his father on his annual summer journey into the Sangre de Cristo mountains to graze the family's sheep - a rite of passage for each of the Chavez boys--, ...And Now Miguel is a lyrical portrait of a boy's coming of age during a unique bygone era.

Joseph Krumgold, who began his career as a screenwriter in Hollywood, made ...And Now Miguel as a film for the United States government. During World War II Krumgold had worked with the Office of War Information and began making documentaries for the U.S. State Department. Krumgold and his wife lived with the Chavez family in Los Cordovas, New Mexico for several months throughout the filming of ...And Now Miguel. The location scenery provides a stunning backdrop even in black and white.

...And Now Miguel was so well received that the Thomas Y. Crowell publishing company asked Krumgold to write a children's book based on the film. The book, published in 1953, won Krumgold the prestigious Newbery Medal for excellence in American children's literature. Krumgold continued his career as an author and became the first person to ever win the Newbery Medal twice. The second time was in 1960 for his book Onion John.

After ...And Now Miguel was completed, Joseph Krumgold encouraged Miguel Chavez to move to New York and take acting lessons. However, Chavez's father did not allow it. "I've lived the way I wanted to live," said Chavez in a 2008 interview looking back at the impact the film had on his life. "And I wouldn't change my life...for millions and millions of dollars." Currently Miguel is semi-retired after spending 30 years in the hand-crafted furniture business and raising a family with wife Frances. He runs a small vacation rental business in New Mexico and is also a skilled woodcarving artist. "Even today when I walk into a grocery store," said Chavez, "someone yells out, 'Hey, it's now Miguel!' I swear one of these days I'm going to die and they're going to write on my tombstone, 'And Now Miguel Passed Away.'...Because of the film and the book, I still get letters and calls from people all over the world."

In 1966 Universal Pictures made a feature version of ...And Now Miguel in Technicolor starring actor Pat Cardi as Miguel.
#596#596#596
#596#596#596
#596#596#596
Добавлен: 31 янв 2017, 12:30
Сидеров: 1
Личеров: 0
Скачали: 0
Здоровье: 100%
Размер: 700.34 МБ
Размер: 734 355 456 байт
Скорость скачивания: 0 байт/сек.
Скорость раздачи: 0 байт/сек.